Residents Ordered to Report to Schools and Auditoriums at Alien Request
MILLERSBURG — In an unprecedented move, the Pennsylvania National Guard has issued instructions for all residents of northern Dauphin County to comply with directives communicated through the unidentified aerial visitors first reported last week.
Brigadier General Andrew Keller, commanding officer of the state Guard detachment stationed in Harrisburg, confirmed at a press briefing Sunday evening that “structured contact protocols” had been established with the unidentified craft.
“The visitors have made clear, through means we are still working to understand, that they require local populations to assemble at designated safe sites,” Keller said. “For Dauphin County, these will be public schools, gymnasiums, and municipal auditoriums. Residents are instructed to arrive in orderly fashion beginning at 1800 hours each evening. These measures are not optional.”
The directive emphasizes:
- All residents are to report to the nearest designated gathering point no later than 6:30 p.m. nightly.
- Schools and auditoriums will remain staffed by Guard personnel to oversee order and account for attendance.
- No weapons, vehicles, or personal drones are permitted on site.
- Families are to remain together unless otherwise directed by authorities.
When asked directly whether the orders originated with federal command or from the unidentified visitors themselves, General Keller declined to provide specifics. “We are coordinating with higher authority,” he said. “Our mission is to ensure the safety of civilians and to maintain compliance with the directives as communicated.”
The Guard’s announcement has already drawn both alarm and resignation from residents. “It sounds like we’re surrendering,” said one Millersburg shopkeeper, who asked not to be named. Others expressed relief at having clear instructions after days of uncertainty.
Officials continue to urge calm. “This is a controlled process,” Keller said. “Follow the instructions given. Do not panic. Do not resist. The Guard is here to assist.”
Residents seeking more information are instructed to await further bulletins through county emergency channels and the Sentinel.